archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Running out of inodes in jcr folder
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 05:56:25 GMT
On 8 January 2015 at 23:44, Per Arnold Blaasmo <per-arnold.blaasmo@atmel.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After having Archiva up and running for a long time, my disk complaints
> about no disk space.
> The case being that it has run out of inodes.
>
> The jcr database in Archiva being the cause. It uses very many inodes.
> Why is that?

Yup Jackrabbit use a lot of small files. Maybe there is an issue when
deleting archiva content (which maybe not deleting in jackrabbit).
To fix that you can try shutdown you archiva instance, delete jackrabbit
(jcr directories/files which can take a while as you probably have a huge
repository.
I added an other storage ( cassandra ) but I reckon ATM it's not very
performant..

--
Olivier Lamy