archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Searching pom elements and generic metadata
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 10:54:17 GMT
I would add that in the interface MetadataRepository, add a test in
the tck and implements it for all providers :-)
Maybe having 2 methods:
* generic metadata: getArtifactsByMetadata( key, value) ( maybe a Map
for multiple value pair? will you test the full value or a matching?)
* pom contents: getArtifactsByProperty( key, value ) ( same questions )

To start I won't go with a Map and exact matching :-) (I reckon pom
content can be a pain with Cassandra impl)

WDYT?

Olivier

On 5 November 2014 21:45, Carlos Sanchez <carlos@apache.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the pointers, so if I add a method to JcrMetadataRepository
>
> getArtifactsByProperty(key, value)
>
> similar to getArtifactsByDateRange, writing the correct JCR query, I could
> access all that metadata?
>

> In which of the rest services would it make sense to add such a search?
>

> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> The current SearchService search in maven indexer available datas.
>> All the data you want to search are not available here but in the
>> MetadataRepository ( so jcr, file or the new Cassandra).
>> And currently there is no search methods for that!
>> So really good news to see you as a volunteer to implement this! :-)
>> Let me know if you need any pointers.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Olivier
>>

>> On 4 November 2014 06:33, Carlos Sanchez <carlos@apache.org> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Two things I wasn't able to do and was going to implement (unless I
>> missed
>> > something):
>> >
>> > * search for generic metadata
>> > * search for pom contents
>> >
>> > The way the search queries are built in SearchService only looks for the
>> > typical fields (artifactId, groupId,...), so that needs to be changed,
>> but
>> > I don't know if the pom and generic metadata fields are even indexed, any
>> > pointers?
>> >
>> > Looking to be able to search for "myMetadata:myValue" and something like
>> > "developer:carlos*" through the rest api and ui.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>>

>> --
>> Olivier Lamy

Olivier Lamy