archiva-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Magoffin" <apache....@msqr.us>
Subject Re: Help understanding RepositoryContentConsumer API
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2014 23:08:17 GMT
> Cool - in that case you should be able to implement RepositoryListener:
> https://github.com/apache/archiva/blob/master/archiva-modules/metadata/metadata-repository-api/src/main/java/org/apache/archiva/repository/events/RepositoryListener.java
>
> That's hooked into most deletion events within Archiva.

That's interesting, thank you. I will look into this API.

Is there a way to know, however, if the user has initiated a full
directory scan from the UI, so that I might recreate the metadata.xml from
scratch? I thought this would be nice, just in case something is missed

> That's great. I'm not an OBR user but there are others here that are. IS
> this something you're interested in seeing shipped with Archiva by
> default?

I of course have a need for this OBR support, and would think it wonderful
if Archiva shipped with support by default, yes! The OBR metadata file can
get rather large, so I had thought long term I'd need to add support for
only including the latest versions of all artifacts in the published file.

I did license my code as GPLv2, but would be happy to switch that to an
Apache license if that would be helpful.

-- m@