archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help understanding RepositoryContentConsumer API
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 05:09:13 GMT
It's close, but not quite the same meaning. The flag is for scanning a single file, vs. a whole
repo (either via the repositories page, or a scheduled job). Single files get consumed when
they are added via deployment/upload, for example.

A whole repo scan can either be incremental (files newer than "changesSince" in the scanner
instance), or process all ("changesSince" will probably be epoch/null). I thought that was
passed through to the consumer as "whenGathered", but it doesn't seem to be the case.

We could probably add some more hooks into the overall process if you wanted to propose such
a change?

Or is processing updates and deletions sufficient to maintain the metadata, without having
to start from scratch?

- Brett