archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Vogt <sascha.v...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Degrading upload performance during day
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 07:15:25 GMT
Hi,

sure, I'll get a few this evening. And to note: Not the whole system is
slow, just uploads via Maven from our Jenkins.

Searches in the UI are "normal", also builds / downloads don't seem to
be particularly slow.

Maybe Jackrabbit does some cleanup jobs during the night / once a day? A
colleague which works on a project also using Jackrabbit as datastore
said something that there are very small index files which eventually
get merged to some bigger index. Could that be it? I think our SAN
behaves particularly bad when a lot of small files are involved.

Anyway, I just counted the files in the index directory and took the
first 10 thread dumps. Will do the same later

Greetings
-Sascha-