archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Vogt <sascha.v...@gmail.com>
Subject Improvements to search [was: Performance issues after upgrading to 2.0.1]
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 13:59:11 GMT
Here is the follow-up:

Am 23.04.2014 15:18, schrieb Sascha Vogt:
> Nevertheless, will open a few issues, and propose a few things over at
> the dev ML.

First of all while debugging we found a few issues:

There is a NPE when browsing artifacts which have dependencies in scope
import: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1833 - I made a pull request
on Github

Second: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1834 - Limit the results
directly in the search, not only in the UI. As a "workaround" for now, I
proposed a fix which takes the page size and the current page into
account. If I saw it correctly, currently the UI will always only
display 30 results at max and do the pagination on the frontend.

Now in general a few things, which I think improve the situation:
1. The max count should be changeable (at least when using advanced
parameters)
2. Don't duplicate the results for each version, instead do it like
search.maven.org -> Display the latest version only and give a link to
the artifact (which has all the versions listed) and telling only the
number of other versions available

How do others feel about those changes? If everyone can aggree on them,
I'll open an issue and see, if I can work on it.

Greetings
-Sascha-