archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2.0.0 Release time
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2014 23:52:36 GMT

On 14 Jan 2014, at 9:34 am, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:

> On 13 January 2014 12:02, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
>> Would it make sense to go through some RC cycles? We should plan some specific promotion
of the 2.0.0 release once it is GA.

> I believe we already did 1.4-M1 to M4 (this sounds already RC for me :-) )

I was thinking more like the typical Maven releases - in other words, if we put up 2.0.0 for
vote and it fails, what happens next? Re-spin 2.0.0, move to 2.0.1, or do we start out with
some 2.0.0-RCx releases until it's good? Or do we do more snapshot testing until we already
have a passable number of +1's and then just vote on 2.0.0 then?

>> Definitely like to see releases moving forward. I know I've been slack on testing
recently... unfortunately this week is particularly bad as I'm fully booked up already :)

> Releasing will be more than a week. So no worries you will have time to test :P

Thanks :)

- Brett

--
Brett Porter   @brettporter