archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2.0.0 Release time
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 00:52:15 GMT
On 14 January 2014 10:52, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:

> On 14 Jan 2014, at 9:34 am, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 13 January 2014 12:02, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Would it make sense to go through some RC cycles? We should plan some specific
promotion of the 2.0.0 release once it is GA.

>> I believe we already did 1.4-M1 to M4 (this sounds already RC for me :-) )
>
> I was thinking more like the typical Maven releases - in other words, if we put up 2.0.0
for vote and it fails, what happens next? Re-spin 2.0.0, move to 2.0.1, or do we start out
with some 2.0.0-RCx releases until it's good? Or do we do more snapshot testing until we already
have a passable number of +1's and then just vote on 2.0.0 then?

RCx some good for a major release. I can start working with a RC branch.

But I'd like we use the Tomcat model (move from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 etc..
and keep the tag in svn) but for IMHO make more sense to have 2.0.0
first before a 2.0.1 :-)

>>> Definitely like to see releases moving forward. I know I've been slack on testing
recently... unfortunately this week is particularly bad as I'm fully booked up already :)

--
Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au