archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Archiva 2.0.0-RC1
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 00:50:14 GMT
On 21 January 2014 11:20, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:

> On 21 Jan 2014, at 9:18 am, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 20 January 2014 15:27, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
>>> 1) can't change ARCHIVA_BASE variable when using the service wrapper.
>>>
>>> This is due to a change in the AppAssembler plugin that I don't agree with, but
haven't had the time to revise it yet. I have a workaround we can apply in Archiva - will
roll through that later this evening.

>> ? I miss your point.
>
> If you set the ARCHIVA_BASE variable before starting to use a different conf/log directory,
it ignores it (the wrapper.conf ends up with set.ARCHIVA_BASE=. instead of set.default.ARCHIVA_BASE=.).

Do you have time to work on that for the next RC?
Or we consider this as minor?

>>> 2) Next was this error:
>>>
>>> jvm 1    | org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating
bean with name 'managedRepositoryAdmin#default': Invocation of init method failed; nested
exception is org.apache.archiva.admin.model.RepositoryAdminException: Cannot forcefully unlock
a NativeFSLock which is held by another indexer component: /var/local/archiva/data/indexes/com.maestrodev.maestro.releases/write.lock

>>> This happened because there was a stage repository using the same indexDir. I
removed the configuration from the stage directory - but do we need to force some upgrade
here?

>>> 3) Need to make sure upgrade notes take care of context-root change (they may
do, I haven't had a chance to check that just yet)

>>> Only got as far as starting it up, so will do more testing.
>>>
>>> Should we move forward on the redback / parent releases to get them out of the
way while the overall stuff proceeds?

>> I wanted to avoid too many votes :-)
>
> Should be easy to pass some of the votes while RC might get re-made - I'm finding it
hard to build everything right now because they depend on staged bits :)

ok sounds good :-)

--
Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au