archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Archiva 2.0.0-RC1
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2014 04:27:50 GMT
1) can't change ARCHIVA_BASE variable when using the service wrapper.

This is due to a change in the AppAssembler plugin that I don't agree with, but haven't had
the time to revise it yet. I have a workaround we can apply in Archiva - will roll through
that later this evening.

2) Next was this error:

jvm 1    | org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with
name 'managedRepositoryAdmin#default': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception
is org.apache.archiva.admin.model.RepositoryAdminException: Cannot forcefully unlock a NativeFSLock
which is held by another indexer component: /var/local/archiva/data/indexes/com.maestrodev.maestro.releases/write.lock

This happened because there was a stage repository using the same indexDir. I removed the
configuration from the stage directory - but do we need to force some upgrade here?

3) Need to make sure upgrade notes take care of context-root change (they may do, I haven't
had a chance to check that just yet)

Only got as far as starting it up, so will do more testing.

Should we move forward on the redback / parent releases to get them out of the way while the
overall stuff proceeds?

- Brett

Brett Porter   @brettporter
http://brettporter.wordpress.com/