archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Vogt <sascha.v...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UserManager Impl choice via UI and ldap configuration
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 16:06:58 GMT
Hi,

Am 03.12.2012 12:01, schrieb Olivier Lamy:
> 2012/12/3 Sascha Vogt <sascha.vogt@gmail.com>:
>> I'm not sure if this falls into the same parts you're working on, but
>> any chance that JDO could be the "fallback" auth, if LDAP doesn't work?
>> The main use-case here is to have some "technical" users which are not
>> in LDAP (e.g. a Jenkins) and one "last-resort" admin, to log in, if you
>> mess up your LDAP ;)
>
> oh I have this idea too :-)
> But this need *a lot of changes*
> I can start with this dynamic change first.
> Then have a look at this other feature. (can you raise a jira for that ?)

Jira: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1721

I have the title a bit more concrete and a more general approach in the
description. I think as in the title, having database being the backup
of LDAP is a good first step, perfect would be to be able to chain
various auth-modules (that way one could also have the database first,
and second the LDAP, as a database lookup is much quicker than first
waiting for an LDAP fail).

Greetings
-Sascha-