archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UserManager Impl choice via UI and ldap configuration
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2012 07:57:23 GMT
2012/11/25 Brett Porter <brett@apache.org>:

> On 25/11/2012, at 4:54 AM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>> I have recently changed some stuff to be able to dynamically change
>> userManager impl used tru the UI (jdo or ldap) (see [1]). (and it
>> works :-) ).
>
> Cool!
>

>> Note this means user.manager.impl property from security.properties is
>> not used anymore.
>> I wonder if this property if here must win ?
>
> If you're storing it in a different configuration file, I think you should read the old
config and populate the new (which wins after that) for easier upgrades.

>> Furthermore, I'd like to improve a bit ldap configuration and add
>> screens to configure dynamically (ldap server host/port, basedn
>> etc...) (maybe ldap mapper too).
>> In fact all content detailled here [2] must be configurable with the UI.
>>
>> Makes sense ?
>> BTW more generally I wonder if we must continue read configuration
>> from security.properties ? (too ease my hack I would say no :-) )
>
> As above - please retain it, or at least migrate it to the new location; and make sure
everything can be configured somewhere without the UI. I use that to lay down a fully functional
Archiva without having to configure it by hand:
> https://github.com/maestrodev/puppet-archiva/blob/master/templates/security.properties.erb

Yup make sense for such use case !
I will do that (if security.properties exists migrate that to new model)

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com