archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Maria Odea Ching-Mallete <odeach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UserManager Impl choice via UI and ldap configuration
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2012 02:28:30 GMT
On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 1:54 AM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> I have recently changed some stuff to be able to dynamically change
> userManager impl used tru the UI (jdo or ldap) (see [1]). (and it
> works :-) ).

Cool, I'll give it a spin :)

> Note this means user.manager.impl property from security.properties is
> not used anymore.
> I wonder if this property if here must win ?
>
> Furthermore, I'd like to improve a bit ldap configuration and add
> screens to configure dynamically (ldap server host/port, basedn
> etc...) (maybe ldap mapper too).
> In fact all content detailled here [2] must be configurable with the UI.
>
> Makes sense ?

If the user switches the user manager impl during runtime, is the user
required to restart Archiva? Or will it be reloaded automatically?

> BTW more generally I wonder if we must continue read configuration
> from security.properties ? (too ease my hack I would say no :-) )
>
> WDYT ?

I think if the user manager impl will be configurable via UI now, it would
make more sense if the configuration for it are also set from the UI (maybe
store/set them directly in the application context?)

> Thanks,
> --
> Olivier Lamy
> Talend: http://coders.talend.com