archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UserManager Impl choice via UI and ldap configuration
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2012 05:22:48 GMT

On 25/11/2012, at 4:54 AM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> I have recently changed some stuff to be able to dynamically change
> userManager impl used tru the UI (jdo or ldap) (see [1]). (and it
> works :-) ).

Cool!

> Note this means user.manager.impl property from security.properties is
> not used anymore.
> I wonder if this property if here must win ?

If you're storing it in a different configuration file, I think you should read the old config
and populate the new (which wins after that) for easier upgrades.

> Furthermore, I'd like to improve a bit ldap configuration and add
> screens to configure dynamically (ldap server host/port, basedn
> etc...) (maybe ldap mapper too).
> In fact all content detailled here [2] must be configurable with the UI.
>
> Makes sense ?
> BTW more generally I wonder if we must continue read configuration
> from security.properties ? (too ease my hack I would say no :-) )

As above - please retain it, or at least migrate it to the new location; and make sure everything
can be configured somewhere without the UI. I use that to lay down a fully functional Archiva
without having to configure it by hand:
https://github.com/maestrodev/puppet-archiva/blob/master/templates/security.properties.erb

Cheers,
Brett