archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: P2 repository support
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 13:20:16 GMT
2012/10/18 Jeff MAURY <jeffmaury@jeffmaury.com>:
> Basically, you need to support the following features:
>
>    - proxy
not so complicated
>    - aggregation (ie groups)
not so complicated
>    - automatic transformation of Maven repo in a P2 one: Nexus does it by
>    supporting the notion of repo listener, which is notified each time a new
>    artifact is stored in the Maven repo, the listener looks if this is an OSGI
>    artifact and add it to the associated P2 repository. This is really
>    helpfull when you need to use in an Eclipse plugin (with Tycho) a Maven
>    produced artifact OSGIfied with the Maven Felix BND plugin. The P2 repo is
>    stored under the Maven repo (in a hidden .xxx directory)
>
> In order to do that, we need to run all P2 stuff in an OSGI container so it
> would be simple if Archiva is OSGI based, a little bit more complex if we
> need to launch an OSGI framework. But it has some impact on Archiva plugin
> packaging
Why running all P2 stuff for Archiva in an OSGI container ?
If I understand correctly it's just a matter of detect osgi metadatas
in deployed jars (i.e. parsing MANIFEST.MF) ?

For sure an osgi container could ease plugin stuff (dynamic loading
etc..) but that need some work :-)