archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ideas/Improvements for next release
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 12:53:55 GMT
2012/10/8 Eric Barboni <Eric.Barboni@irit.fr>:
> Hi
>
> great work release phase is long process :p
>
> extension point  seems the big "point" (for auth, repository,storage,) maybe
> also be nice for reports
> comment:
> -By that you mean also that admin can load / unload plugins via the ui to
> activate them (Jenkins |sonar style)?
> -Update center + plugin extension having their own versioning scheme.
Yup exactly what I like to see :-).
Not sur for update center and dynamic (yet). At least manual stuff for starting.
Because this will need some infra stuff (where is it hosted how
external contributors can share their own etc...)
But plugins mechanism can be a bit complicated regarding classloader
(what if they have their own set of dependencies).
IMHO we have to think about something "à la" maven/jenkins/sonar with
a separate classloader for the plugin (maybe with some inheritance
from Archiva main classloader)

> Maybe we can also add a "logs viewer"  so admin of archiva can stay on
> Archiva UI to see whats wrong during exploitation.
could be nice.