archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Ideas/Improvements for next release
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 09:48:55 GMT
Hi Folks,

So 1.4-M3 has just been released (cool ! :-) ).

Now what's next ?

I have some ideas I'd like to share with you:
* a plugin/extension points mechanism (authz, repositories type
etc...) etc need to be defined :-)
* more easy setup of authz/karma stuff as it could be an extension
point (ldap etc..) Users could choose in the UI which mode(s) they can
use and configure tru the ui.
* repository type extension points (I think about having a p2 proxy,
obr/osgi ) BTW this need some refactoring as some parts are very maven
oriented.
* removing the current struts2 application (a pain to implement those
features in both ui).
* think about an other storage mode (cassandra instead of jackrabbit
as oak not yet ready). BTW that can be an extension point too
configurable tru the ui.
* etc..

Any comments/ideas ?

Thanks,