archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Adrien Lecharpentier <adrien.lecharpent...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ideas/Improvements for next release
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 09:57:40 GMT
IMO, the storage and repository point are the most valuable for Archiva.

I've done some tests on Archiva using a central copy (+500Go of contents)
and it tooks more than 50H to index.
I'm working on a plugin for Archiva (I'll discuss of it separately) to be
able to describe binaries and dependencies not in the maven-way. This to be
able to use nugget or other.

-- Adrien

2012/10/8 Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org>

> Hi Folks,
>
> So 1.4-M3 has just been released (cool ! :-) ).
>
> Now what's next ?
>
> I have some ideas I'd like to share with you:
> * a plugin/extension points mechanism (authz, repositories type
> etc...) etc need to be defined :-)
> * more easy setup of authz/karma stuff as it could be an extension
> point (ldap etc..) Users could choose in the UI which mode(s) they can
> use and configure tru the ui.
> * repository type extension points (I think about having a p2 proxy,
> obr/osgi ) BTW this need some refactoring as some parts are very maven
> oriented.
> * removing the current struts2 application (a pain to implement those
> features in both ui).
> * think about an other storage mode (cassandra instead of jackrabbit
> as oak not yet ready). BTW that can be an extension point too
> configurable tru the ui.
> * etc..
>
> Any comments/ideas ?
>
> Thanks,