archiva-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Barboni" <Eric.Barb...@irit.fr>
Subject RE: Ideas/Improvements for next release
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 12:25:14 GMT
Hi

great work release phase is long process :p

extension point  seems the big "point" (for auth, repository,storage,) maybe
also be nice for reports
comment:
-By that you mean also that admin can load / unload plugins via the ui to
activate them (Jenkins |sonar style)?
-Update center + plugin extension having their own versioning scheme.

Maybe we can also add a "logs viewer"  so admin of archiva can stay on
Archiva UI to see whats wrong during exploitation.

Regards
Eric

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Olivier Lamy [mailto:olamy@apache.org]
Envoyé : lundi 8 octobre 2012 11:49
À : dev@archiva.apache.org
Objet : Ideas/Improvements for next release

Hi Folks,

So 1.4-M3 has just been released (cool ! :-) ).

Now what's next ?

I have some ideas I'd like to share with you:
* a plugin/extension points mechanism (authz, repositories type
etc...) etc need to be defined :-)
* more easy setup of authz/karma stuff as it could be an extension point
(ldap etc..) Users could choose in the UI which mode(s) they can use and
configure tru the ui.
* repository type extension points (I think about having a p2 proxy,
obr/osgi ) BTW this need some refactoring as some parts are very maven
oriented.
* removing the current struts2 application (a pain to implement those
features in both ui).
* think about an other storage mode (cassandra instead of jackrabbit as oak
not yet ready). BTW that can be an extension point too configurable tru the
ui.
* etc..

Any comments/ideas ?

Thanks,