archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.4-M3 Release ?
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:00:28 GMT
2012/7/10 Brett Porter <brett@apache.org>:

> On 10/07/2012, at 3:38 AM, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'd like to start the release process for a 1.4-M3 (including the new UI !!).
>> Any objections ?
>
> Great!
>
>> I will start that around end of july (need vacations first :-) ). (yes
>> Brett French folks has a lot :P ).
>
> :D
>

>> As this release will need to release a LOT of stuff (redback
>> core/components now imported in asf scm), I wonder what is the best
>> strategy:
>> * release redback components then call a vote, release redback core
>> then call a vote, release archiva then call a vote.
>> * release everything in one block then call a vote
>>
>> Perso I prefer 2nd mode (can be faster)
>
> I think that makes sense. Do the components need to be separate releases, or should they
just be folded in as 1.4-M3-SNAPSHOT as well since they are under the Archiva group?
currently:
* redback core has groupId: org.apache.archiva.redback
* redback components: org.apache.archiva.redback.components

You mean only one tree of sources ?
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/archiva/trunk/

/redback-components
                                                                 /redback-core
?

Yup that could ease the release but we will release everything all the
time and increase build time.

> Also, should the relevant parts of the red back site be folded into Archiva's?
I have started some stuff:
* core: http://archiva.apache.org/redback/
* components: http://archiva.apache.org/redback/components/

--