archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RFC] New UI
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 08:13:36 GMT
Hello,
Thanks for you feedbacks.

2012/3/29 Deng Ching <oching@apache.org>:
> Hi Olivier,
>
> I took the latest build for a spin last night, it's looking great :)
>
> I've noted down several items that could be improved, I'm not sure if I
> should file them as subtasks for MRM-1497 or you want them filed as
> separate issues but related to MRM-1497.
Subtask looks good for me.

> - footers are too close to the border of the browser
agree (easy to fix :-) )
> - maybe we can add a permanent links to the pages so users can directly go
> to it
Permlink exists but not documented (and not for all screens).

handle in method checkUrlParams in main.js
samples:
* http://localhost:9091/archiva/index.html?request_lang=en&browse=org.apache.archiva
then you will go to browse screen and the groupId
* http://localhost:9091/archiva/index.html?request_lang=en&artifact=org.apache.maven:maven-core:3.0&repositoryId=internal#
artifact detail screen artifact accept groupId:artifactId[:version]
* http://localhost:9091/archiva/index.html?request_lang=en&screen=repositories-management#
(btw here I have to improve a bit if user is not logged asking
user/pwd)
* etc..

> - maybe change back the create admin user behavior as before? the "create
> admin user" link on the right hand side corner is easy to miss
you mean prevent doing any action before admin user has been created ?
> - make the font size of the section names in the navigation menu larger
agree and not complicated
> - change the icon for Edit to a pencil (the current one looks like a view
> icon), the same goes for the Delete icon, change it to a trash can (the
> current one looks like a cut icon)
agree I will
> - there's an Edit balloon in proxy connectors that does not disappear (even
> if navigating to a different page) once you've clicked the Edit icon
> - missing Archiva favicon
yup
> - maybe mark required fields in forms
I will try to propose something for that.
> - Enter key not working properly in login (forms should be submitted when
> Enter key is hit)
argh
> - page numbers (pagination) in roles table (Roles Management page) have a
> floating position/location
> - in roles management, there's no way of getting out of Edit mode unless
> you navigate to a different menu. no Cancel button present anywhere, I only
> found a Save button?
issue :-)
> - Archiva logo, no longer present anywhere (or I just didn't see it?)
yup but where add it ?

> I'll try to help out fix some of the things above during the holidays here
> next week :)
coool