archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Deng Ching <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RFC] New UI
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 03:06:21 GMT
Hi Olivier,

I took the latest build for a spin last night, it's looking great :)

I've noted down several items that could be improved, I'm not sure if I
should file them as subtasks for MRM-1497 or you want them filed as
separate issues but related to MRM-1497.

- footers are too close to the border of the browser
- maybe we can add a permanent links to the pages so users can directly go
to it
- maybe change back the create admin user behavior as before? the "create
admin user" link on the right hand side corner is easy to miss
- make the font size of the section names in the navigation menu larger
- change the icon for Edit to a pencil (the current one looks like a view
icon), the same goes for the Delete icon, change it to a trash can (the
current one looks like a cut icon)
- there's an Edit balloon in proxy connectors that does not disappear (even
if navigating to a different page) once you've clicked the Edit icon
- missing Archiva favicon
- maybe mark required fields in forms
- Enter key not working properly in login (forms should be submitted when
Enter key is hit)
- page numbers (pagination) in roles table (Roles Management page) have a
floating position/location
- in roles management, there's no way of getting out of Edit mode unless
you navigate to a different menu. no Cancel button present anywhere, I only
found a Save button?
- Archiva logo, no longer present anywhere (or I just didn't see it?)

I'll try to help out fix some of the things above during the holidays here
next week :)

Thanks,
Deng