archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Archiva memory settings and stability
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 06:57:15 GMT
Hi Brett,

I didn't see the issue in Karaf as Karaf already "tunes" the JVM memory
configuration.

I gonna make a try with a "pure" Archiva installation.

Regards
JB

On 01/05/2012 07:09 AM, Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In MRM-1549, the -Xms was increased to 512m. This is very high for a starting point -
would it be better to use the default settings, but let it grow to the upper setting? It is
quite costly on memory when I run it on my local machine.

> A couple of years back I did a lot of profiling to try and get it as lean as possible,
so that we could run a minimal instance - this is something I'd like to do again before 1.4.
Between the large number of classes to load and other memory use it's becoming impractical
to run that way again :)

> Also, I've noticed that the latest milestones are still not very stable on vmbuild, restarting
once or twice a day. Is anyone else seeing similar problems?

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org