archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Volunteering ...
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 08:15:40 GMT
2011/9/12 Brett Porter <brett@apache.org>:

> On 12/09/2011, at 5:18 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> 2011/9/12 Brett Porter <brett@apache.org>:
>>> Wonderful to hear. You're right, it hasn't escaped into the wild. We could use
more hands.

>>> The two things that are blocking a 1.4 release that contains the staging functionality
are:
>>> - deciding on a default production metadata storage (we have a file-backed implementation
and a JCR-backed implementation) - MRM-1327

>> Something I have on my my TODO is to have a benchmark module to test
>> both application in a huge load env.
>
> I have some figures based on initial scan times. They probably aren't indicative of normal
running situations though, so a good thing to do.

>> Note we are currently dependant on a jackrabbit SNAPSHOT (but the
>> release looks to be soon :
>> http://markmail.org/message/soxy2dddc4rqculj )
>>
>>> - testing and fixing up any bugs that have arrived due to refactoring since the
last release (several of these are in JIRA for 1.4-M1, though we could probably stand to trim
that list further)
>> Agree :-). I will have a look on selenium tests some failed for long time.
>
> Hmm, they had been working last time I checked. Are these things broken recently, or
have there always been problems?

check here : https://builds.apache.org/view/A-F/view/Archiva/
*with-it* are running selenium its on various os.
I reproduce some locally but some are due to my fr locale :-) (as some
check are done on text rather than id).
I have started to fix some but not yet finished.

> I know there are some spots it doesn't cover particularly well as I've seen a few bugs
slip through them.

>>> With regard to the staging functionality in particular, I've started some work
to improve it, but I need to commit it once I can get past all the merge conflicts with Olivier's
recent work :) That was mostly to apply the improvements after the initial GSoC implementation,
particularly to avoid them being "full" repositories that has caused us a few problems with
search & metadata.

>>> http://brettporter.wordpress.com/