archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Volunteering ...
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 07:18:08 GMT
Hello,

2011/9/12 Brett Porter <brett@apache.org>:
> Wonderful to hear. You're right, it hasn't escaped into the wild. We could use more hands.
>
> The two things that are blocking a 1.4 release that contains the staging functionality
are:
> - deciding on a default production metadata storage (we have a file-backed implementation
and a JCR-backed implementation) - MRM-1327

Something I have on my my TODO is to have a benchmark module to test
both application in a huge load env.
Note we are currently dependant on a jackrabbit SNAPSHOT (but the
release looks to be soon :
http://markmail.org/message/soxy2dddc4rqculj )

> - testing and fixing up any bugs that have arrived due to refactoring since the last
release (several of these are in JIRA for 1.4-M1, though we could probably stand to trim that
list further)
Agree :-). I will have a look on selenium tests some failed for long time.

> With regard to the staging functionality in particular, I've started some work to improve
it, but I need to commit it once I can get past all the merge conflicts with Olivier's recent
work :) That was mostly to apply the improvements after the initial GSoC implementation, particularly
to avoid them being "full" repositories that has caused us a few problems with search &
metadata.

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com