archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Tomas Roos <ptomasr...@gmail.com>
Subject Native IVY file support
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 08:16:42 GMT
Hi guys!

There has been an JIRA issue since march 2010 that I really think we should
try to address.
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1352

This issue or rather improvment is about allow archiva be able to handle the
native ivy format instead of relying that ivy users should use the maven
compability mode.

There are alot of people looking for a repository manager which can handle
ivy files. And as of today there is no support for this, not even at the
commercial softwares.

I think that if this was to be integrated if would certainly fill a black
hole in the repository manager jungle.

I did try to get the archiva development environment running this spring but
never manage to get it running well. At first, I'm not a java programmer and
i have very little experience which maven2 plugin and eclipse.

But! I do have good knowledge in the ivy platform and the setup. Therefore I
would love to collaborate with one or many on this. Talking to Brett there
is alot prepared for this in the work that was done for the maven1 support.

Is there anyone which has some hours over to help me and the community out
with this?

Tomas