archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Volunteering ...
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 00:52:08 GMT
On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 8:26 PM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
> Wonderful to hear. You're right, it hasn't escaped into the wild. We could use more hands.
>
> The two things that are blocking a 1.4 release that contains the staging functionality
are:
> - deciding on a default production metadata storage (we have a file-backed implementation
and a JCR-backed implementation) - MRM-1327
> - testing and fixing up any bugs that have arrived due to refactoring since the last
release (several of these are in JIRA for 1.4-M1, though we could probably stand to trim that
list further)

As a patcher rather than committer, it makes sense for me to chase
things that aren't giant refactoring. So I'll tackle the jira queue.

> With regard to the staging functionality in particular, I've started some work to improve
it, but I need to commit it once I can get past all the merge conflicts with Olivier's recent
work :) That was mostly to apply the improvements after the initial GSoC implementation, particularly
to avoid them being "full" repositories that has caused us a few problems with search &
metadata.