archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Volunteering ...
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 07:36:06 GMT

On 12/09/2011, at 5:18 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 2011/9/12 Brett Porter <brett@apache.org>:
>> Wonderful to hear. You're right, it hasn't escaped into the wild. We could use more
hands.

>> The two things that are blocking a 1.4 release that contains the staging functionality
are:
>> - deciding on a default production metadata storage (we have a file-backed implementation
and a JCR-backed implementation) - MRM-1327

> Something I have on my my TODO is to have a benchmark module to test
> both application in a huge load env.

I have some figures based on initial scan times. They probably aren't indicative of normal
running situations though, so a good thing to do.

> Note we are currently dependant on a jackrabbit SNAPSHOT (but the
> release looks to be soon :
> http://markmail.org/message/soxy2dddc4rqculj )
>
>> - testing and fixing up any bugs that have arrived due to refactoring since the last
release (several of these are in JIRA for 1.4-M1, though we could probably stand to trim that
list further)
> Agree :-). I will have a look on selenium tests some failed for long time.

Hmm, they had been working last time I checked. Are these things broken recently, or have
there always been problems?

I know there are some spots it doesn't cover particularly well as I've seen a few bugs slip
through them.

>> With regard to the staging functionality in particular, I've started some work to
improve it, but I need to commit it once I can get past all the merge conflicts with Olivier's
recent work :) That was mostly to apply the improvements after the initial GSoC implementation,
particularly to avoid them being "full" repositories that has caused us a few problems with
search & metadata.