archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Archiva refactoring
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 14:35:25 GMT

On 19/08/2011, at 8:29 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:

> FYI note on progress :-)
>
> So I'm focused on REST support and OSGI stuff (some features added in
> maven indexer for osgi metadatas indexing).
> REST support move slowly as I have to take care of some code done in
> webapp rather than in services and redback karma on services.
>
> And to be able to have a good set of unit test, I have to provide
> first some admin services before rest search services.
>
> Note as there is a large code duplication in xmlrpc and current rest
> stuff, I think about creating a common modules which will contains
> base remote services code (a name like : common-remote-services or an
> other if someone has a better idea :-) )

Is this duplication of "remote" type code, or business logic? I would have thought the actual
remote stuff would be a pretty thin layer, and that most would live in search or the repository
API, or a "repository admin API" (which is probably a combination of the current configuration
module + the code that is in the web app now)

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org