archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Archiva refactoring
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 20:12:01 GMT
Hi,
FYI regarding REST support I have started to work on that in redback
trunk for authz/karma on rest requests.

Some docs are available here : http://redback.codehaus.org/integration/rest.html

2011/8/5 Brett Porter <brett@apache.org>:
> Thanks Olivier, I'll try and look at updating the page over the weekend.
>
> - Brett
>
> On 05/08/2011, at 2:56 AM, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I have started add content in
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARCHIVA/Archiva+Roadmap .
>> Next step I will create related jira entries and probably related page
>> for some items.
>>
>> Feel free to fix content in the page and/or add comments.

if the other metadata related bugs were sorted out?

>>> Cool - let me know if there's something I can help with there. I had it in mind
that it was still a work in progress.

>>> Things I broke with changes to the repository API :)

>>> I'm using them, so I can help make sure they still work at least for the next
release.

>>> Great - was going to suggest both those things.

already needs a diet - something we need to keep an eye on :)

>>> Agree these are all good things. I like the Jetty one, but having a few different
distributions (including slim ones with less functionality) has long been a goal of mine.

>>> I like the look of vaadin (still haven't used it in anger though) - the concern
I heard raised from Emmanuel was that it was network heavy.

>>> This might be something good to just start doing and have some bits dynamic and
lots of legacy, then gradually break it up...

>>> Agree, or at least make Redback a wrapper around Shiro so it's a lot smaller.
Back to that list you mentioned before, if we can let go of some features it might get easier.

>>> http://brettporter.wordpress.com/