archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Archiva refactoring
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 14:21:00 GMT
2011/8/22 Brett Porter <brett@apache.org>:

> On 20/08/2011, at 3:33 AM, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>

>>> Is this duplication of "remote" type code, or business logic? I would have thought
the actual remote stuff would be a pretty thin layer, and that most would live in search or
the repository API, or a "repository admin API" (which is probably a combination of the current
configuration module + the code that is in the web app now)

>> dupe are wrappers and some thin logic (bean/datas validation too).
>> Have a look at the addManagedRepo part in webapp and xmlrpc (and now
>> in rest part :-) )
>> BTW not critical or a big issue just a cleanup to do :-).
>> That's why I wanted to move some of those dups in a new module
>> (archiva-remote-layer ? Maye I'm not really good enough in marketing
>> to find the good name :-) )
>> Let me know
>
> A lot of this particular one is staging, which I aim to reduce (I'm part way through
removing the additional managed repository configuration as it should be implicit).

> I do think most of this is the repository admin, so a repository admin API would make
sense…

> ManagedRepositoryAdmin.createManagedRepository(…)
> ManagedRepositoryAdmin.deleteManagedRepository(…)
> RemoteRepositoryAdmin.create...
> … etc.
>
> That's instead of calling it a "remote layer" - because a lot of this has nothing to
do with being remote (except that a user requested it… but a Java app embedding Archiva
could request these too).

> The tricky bit is perhaps that security is isolated to the web modules at the moment,
and these modules to cover security operations too - these could either stay in the current
code (if it's a 1-liner), or be added to archiva-security I guess.

> Does that make sense?

Yup makes sense.
Will reduce the job by just doing/adding some wrappers and configuring
security things.
I will start creating the module.

--
Olivier Lamy