archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brent Atkinson <brent.atkin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Archiva issue with LDAP (MRM-1488)
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 17:44:44 GMT
Hi everyone,

I actually ran into this when fixing the connection leaks. I realized it was
probably building in too many assumptions, but I created and held onto the
LdapCtxFactory in redback's LdapConnection for a very specific reason:
connection pooling. The sun JNDI ldap implementation can pool connections
sharing the same credentials *and config options* as long as they are
created from the same LdapCtxFactory.

http://download.oracle.com/javase/jndi/tutorial/ldap/connect/pool.html

Brent