archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Utzig <jutzig....@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: using archiva as a p2 repository
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 22:31:54 GMT
Hi Brett,

thank you very much for your fast reply.
Please see comments inline

Am 08/17/2011 10:21 PM, schrieb Brett Porter:

>> 1. I think this would be a very helpful feature for users of tycho and archiva and
I'd like to make this (once finished) available as open source. I was wondering if this is
something you'd be interested in hosting directly as an apache archive component
> Yes!
>
> Is it against 1.3.x or trunk?

I used 1.3.5 but it's only a prototype so far, should be easy to switch
to trunk

> If I understand correctly, it might be better to add a hook to allow the custom code
to remove the old files at the start of the scan when that is checked, and not otherwise -
rather than putting it in the consumer API itself?

Yes, that makes sense. I think I fell for the 'boolean
executeOnEntireRepo' parameter, which sounded to me like it would
correlate to the 'Process All Artifacts' flag, but as it turns out, it
doesn't :-)

> Implementors of archiva-modules/archiva-base/archiva-repository-layer/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/archiva/repository/events/RepositoryListener.java
>
> (though it may not be consistently used for some deletions).

Exactly what I was looking for and kept missing for some reason. Thanks
a lot for your help.

-Johannes