archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Utzig <jutzig....@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: using archiva as a p2 repository
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 22:23:18 GMT
Hi Oliver and Jean-Baptiste,

you guys are fast as lightning :-)

This is just terrific news. To my understanding the OBR format and the
p2 format are very very close to each other.
So if there is already something planned for OBR, it would just come
down to transforming the OBR information into a p2 compatible form and
additionally parsing eclipse feature jars.
When do you expect that something will be available in that area so that
I can try to adapt what I already have to the OBR implementation? Is
there anything that I can do to help? I don't have a lot of spare time
for this but I'd really love to see this functionality in archiva so I'm
willing to help to the best of my abilities.

So far I have a consumer that hooks into archiva, a reverse engineered
XSD and EMF model for the p2 XML and a hand written parser for OSGi
Manifests and feature jars that I was planning to replace with an
existing implementation later.
Not much, but it's a working POC and I'd figured I'd drop a note here
before investing more time in this (good thing I did).

Are these the JIRAs for it?
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1427
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MINDEXER-36

Sounds about perfect to me once it is OBR + p2 :-)

-Johannes