archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to automatically delete all the -SNAPSHOT versions when a non-SNAPSHOT version is uploaded?
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 20:16:04 GMT
On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 4:07 PM, Jarrod Roberson <jarrod@vertigrated.com> wrote:

> When I do release:preform to upload my released 1.0 version to Archiva, I
> would like to automatically remove all the 1.0-SNAPSHOT versions from the
> snapshots repository.
> This will force everyone on my team to abandon the SNAPSHOT line and move on
> to the correct version.

Yes, there is a "delete released snapshots" option, see:
http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.3.5/adminguide/repositories.html .

However it won't _force_ your teammates to move on -- as long as they
have the snapshot in their local repository they can still use it.

> I would also like to restrict new 1.0-SNAPSHOT versions from being uploaded
> after 1.0 is released to keep people from promoting the old and now stable
> and released version.

I don't think there's an option to prevent deployment, but they ought
to keep getting deleted when the repository is scanned and updated.

Feel free to file it as an enhancement request in JIRA, but... it
feels a bit like solving a social problem with technology. ;)  If
you've communicated that there has been a release with this list of
fixes, they should *want* to upgrade to the stable release rather than
staying with the snapshot.

I'd spend some time understanding the underlying problem before
throwing more technology at it.  What's really going on?

(I was about to ask you to post to the user list, but you *did* ask
where the code to modify would be, so... ;) )

--
Wendy