archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Jarrod Roberson <jar...@vertigrated.com>
Subject auto generating an archetype-catalog.xml when navigating to a root/archetype-catalog.xml
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 20:13:28 GMT
I am trying to add this feature to Archiva, but I can't figure out where to
start?

This is a critical feature I need to add for our environment in order to
enabled my distributed team to create projects from a standard set of
company archetypes?

What I need to know is:

1. How to search all the repositories for artifacts of packaging type
"maven-archetype"?

2. How / Where to add a simple Servlet so that it will respond to
http://[archiva]/archetype-catalog.xml
with the results of all the available archetypes I find in the available
repositories?
    I need to combine the internal and snapshot ( and any others )
repositories for this to really be useful. But I am only using internal and
snapshot right now.

I forked the project on GitHub and will contribute my solution back there
when I get it working.

Jarrod Roberson