archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1128782 - in /archiva/trunk: ./ archiva-modules/archiva-base/archiva-proxy/src/test/java/org/apache/maven/archiva/proxy/
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 20:48:12 GMT

On 14/06/2011, at 7:58 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:

> I have added more details on
> http://archiva.apache.org/developers/building.html (wait sync)

That's a better place - but I was wondering if it made more sense to just put the instructions
there, rather than the shell script.

Otherwise, it might become out of date like... http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/continuum/trunk/build.sh

Or someone might run it without understanding it, and not know how to handle failures (as
there's no error handling :)

- Brett

> 2011/6/14 Brett Porter <brett@apache.org>:
>>
>> On 14/06/2011, at 6:04 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> Not really accidental, it's just a "shortcut" for people who wants to
>>> try git svn.
>>> As I have to play this script a lot : I had some issues with git svn
>>> with cygwin arghhhh :-), I have added the script to setup the clone
>>> from github or git.a.o
>>>
>>> Just do :
>>> git clone git://github.com/apache/archiva.git; cd archiva ; ./init-git-svn.sh
>>>
>>> And you have everything ready for hacking.
>>>
>>> The script contains "only" :
>>>
>>> cd .git;wget http://git.apache.org/authors.txt; cd ..
>>> git config svn.authorsfile ".git/authors.txt"
>>> git svn init --prefix=origin/ --tags=tags --trunk=trunk
>>> --branches=branches https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/archiva
>>> git svn rebase
>>>
>>> see http://wiki.apache.org/general/GitAtApache
>>>
>>> You prefer I remove it ?
>>
>> Sorry, I was sure that that was included in the original clone from those repos -
I must have added it and forgotten I did :)

>> That's fine... though maybe it could go on the wiki or dev docs instead? It's just
a bit more likely to bitrot in svn, or need to be copied for windows, etc. :)