archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kamradt <Randy.Kamr...@jda.com>
Subject RE: Some refactoring [was Re: [DISCUSS] Archiva as an OSGi OBR/EBR ]
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 15:35:02 GMT
If you decide that GWT is the way to go, I'd like to help out on that.  I've been in the trenches
for the last three years as a technical lead on a large GWT project, and I'd like to be able
to use that experience to give back to Archiva, which we use in our development environment.

-----Original Message-----
From: Olivier Lamy [mailto:olamy@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 8:19 AM
To: dev@archiva.apache.org
Subject: Some refactoring [was Re: [DISCUSS] Archiva as an OSGi OBR/EBR ]

Hello,
Looks to be a nice feature.

But more generally could we think about some other refactoring ?
I have some ideas :
* ui , move to an other framework I have in mind : gwt, vaadin ....
(it looks ace use vaadin ?)
* removing all the current plexus(-spring) old components to real/only
spring components (this could be already done in trunk ? ) (or an
other container ?)
* remove redback and use something else for authz and role management (shiro ? )

WDYT ?

--
Olivier Lamy
http://twitter.com/olamy