archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Archiva as an OSGi OBR/EBR
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 20:38:06 GMT

On 02/05/2011, at 11:27 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> Hi Wendy,
>
> thanks for the update.
>
> So it seems that the need is there :)
>
> I have checkout the sources but didn't see anything looking like OBR (repository.xml
management, etc).
> So maybe the work didn't start yet.

Nope, never started.

> I'm quite sure that Archiva could be a great EBR, which can be very helpful for Apache
projects such as ServiceMix, Karaf, and the other ones powered by Karaf (like Geronimo).

I agree - this was very specifically a target of the architecture changes we started some
time back which now lives on trunk. I'm very happy to work with anyone that wants to add non-M2
repository types. There's still some cruft to clean up, but I think it's close enough to start
this.

There's been plenty of interest externally as well, e.g.: http://s.apache.org/archiva-ace

I'd personally also welcome any interest in OSGi-enabling Archiva itself. I toyed with Karaf
some time ago and liked it a lot.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter