archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Archiva as an OSGi OBR/EBR
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 06:07:34 GMT
Hi Brett,

and thanks for the update.

Maybe I can raise some Jira to start the OBR stuff.
I will submit patches as well.

Regards
JB

On 05/02/2011 10:38 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> On 02/05/2011, at 11:27 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>
>> Hi Wendy,
>>
>> thanks for the update.
>>
>> So it seems that the need is there :)
>>
>> I have checkout the sources but didn't see anything looking like OBR (repository.xml
management, etc).
>> So maybe the work didn't start yet.
>
> Nope, never started.
>

>> I'm quite sure that Archiva could be a great EBR, which can be very helpful for Apache
projects such as ServiceMix, Karaf, and the other ones powered by Karaf (like Geronimo).

> I agree - this was very specifically a target of the architecture changes we started
some time back which now lives on trunk. I'm very happy to work with anyone that wants to
add non-M2 repository types. There's still some cruft to clean up, but I think it's close
enough to start this.

> There's been plenty of interest externally as well, e.g.: http://s.apache.org/archiva-ace
>
> I'd personally also welcome any interest in OSGi-enabling Archiva itself. I toyed with
Karaf some time ago and liked it a lot.