archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some refactoring [was Re: [DISCUSS] Archiva as an OSGi OBR/EBR ]
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 15:09:37 GMT

On 03/05/2011, at 6:38 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:

> An other idea I have : it's a plugin mechanism (with some "extension
> points") to easily enhance archiva.
> And if we use an osgi "infra", this plugin mechanism will be easier to
> integrate (hot reload etc...)

Absolutely. The revised APIs are built with extension points in mind - just at the moment
you have to drop them into WEB-INF/lib (And sometimes wire in spring) - more dynamic would
be great. Ideally we could just use something like Felix Web Console as a basic administration.

That's a consideration for the UI framework selected though - need to be possible to contribute
UI content through a plugin.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter