archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Sellers <jim.sell...@gmail.com>
Subject consumer documentation out of date?
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 22:19:13 GMT
Hi all.

I'm trying to write a consumer that deletes released artifacts by groupId
and date (loaded from a properties file in the conf directory).  We're doing
this because we don't need to keep all released binaries ever built and to
address disk issues.  I'm basing my impl on RepositoryPurgeConsumer.

However I'm having some trouble when trying to follow the docs.  Even
looking looking at the latest snapshot version [1] or the sample plugin
[2].  From MRM-1015 [3] I would guess that some spring config is now
needed.  If I unpack archiva-core-consumers-1.3.1.jar I find both plexus
config and spring config.

My questions come down to:
1) What config do I need in my pom to generate the correct files?
2) What spring config do I need to have?
3) What plexus comments do I need (if any) to add to my code?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Jim

[1]
http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.4-SNAPSHOT/customising/writing-consumer.html