archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Deng Ching <odeach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: getting the list of available artifacts in the source repository
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 10:19:27 GMT
On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 6:59 AM, Eshan Sudharaka <esudharaka@gmail.com>wrote:

> In order to copy artifacts from one repository to another i need to get a
> list of available list of artifacts in the source repository. So  i need to
> have a list of ArtifactMetadata objects  so i can have more information
> about source artifacts.
>
> here i am going to use following method in the  DefaultMetadataResolver
> class to get that list.
>
> public Collection<ArtifactMetadata> getArtifacts( String repoId, String
> namespace, String projectId, String projectVersion )
>
> but my problem is i have only one input data to get that list which is
> repoId.
>
> may be i can generate other required parameters for the particular artifact
> by using other methods in that defaultMetadataResolver class.
>
> so i need to know what are the thing return from following methods.
>
> 1).   public Collection<String> getRootNamespaces( String repoId )
>                   for the internal repo what could be that list ..?

This returns a list of the root of the groupIds of the artifacts in the
repository. For example, if the groupIds are org.apache.archiva and
org.codehaus.redback, the root namespace is "org".

> 2).   public Collection<String> getNamespaces( String repoId, String
> namespace )
>                 >> what is returning here

This returns a list of the node of the specified namespace (or a chunk of
the groupId) of the artifacts in the repository. Using the same example, if
you have org.apache.archiva & org.codehaus.redback as the groupIds of the
artifacts in the repo then you called the method getNamespaces( "internal",
"org"), you'd get "apache" and "codehaus" in the list. If you passed
"org.apache" as the namespace param (e.g. getNamespaces( "internal",
"org.apache"), the list will only contain "archiva"), and so on..

> 3).  public Collection<String> getProjects( String repoId, String namespace
> )
>     >>> this will return a list of available projects in that particular
> repo. eg : log4j,Junit, (list of griop id's)
>            here what is the namespace parameter ..?

This returns a list of the artifactIds under the specified
namespace/groupId.

> 4). public Collection<String> getProjectVersions( String repoId, String
> namespace, String projectId )
>     >>> here we can get the list of available projects in a particular
> group.

This returns a list of the versions of the specific artifact/project.

> 5).  public Collection<ArtifactMetadata> getArtifacts( String repoId,
> String namespace, String projectId, String projectVersion )
>
>  /// actually i need to get this list so i can proceed with more details.

Thanks,
Deng