archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Deng Ching <odeach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r946618 - /archiva/branches/archiva-1.3.x/archiva-modules/archiva-web/archiva-webapp/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/archiva/web/startup/ArchivaStartup.java
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 01:59:21 GMT
On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 6:07 AM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:

> A couple of questions:
> - do we need to explicitly call all the stop() methods given that the
> close() is now there? I thought that would stop all stoppables

That's what I thought too, but unfortunately, it doesn't. The running tasks
were still executing as well as the schedulers even when Tomcat was
shutdown. Before the stop() methods were added, when I ran "ps aux" after
shutting down Tomcat, the process would keep on running until you force kill
it.

> - can the e.printStackTrace be changed to something else?

I'm not sure what else we can change it to? Log the exception instead?

> Also, the code can be a bit cleaner if the fields are assigned the required
> values from the start :) Maybe they could just be pushed into a list of
> Stoppables that need to be stopped.

Ok, I'll fix this up :)

Thanks,
Deng