archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Deng Ching <och...@apache.org>
Subject [GSoC] Staging repositories updates
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2010 02:02:19 GMT
Just to get everyone updated on where we are on the staging repositories..

Last Saturday, we reviewed and revised the patch that was submitted for
MRM-980. The patch contains the new module for the repo merge, with the
class for getting the artifacts in the source repo implemented. One of the
things that was encountered in using the new repository API was having to do
nested loops through the namespace, project & version then through a list of
ArtifactMetadata in order to get the artifacts. (Brett, is there an easier
way to do this?)

The next item that needs to be done now is to implement the repository merge
API. As a starting point, here are the test cases that we've identified
which needs to be covered:
- no artifacts with the same groupId & artifactId exist in the target repo
- artifacts with the same groupId & artifactId (but with a different
version) exist in the target repo
- artifacts with the same version exist in the target repo
- repositories have different layouts (ex. source repo is legacy type,
target repo is default type)
- source repo is empty
- target repo is empty

Thanks,