archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Deng Ching <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: getting the list of available artifacts in the source repository
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 09:43:50 GMT
On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Eshan Sudharaka <esudharaka@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Deng Ching <oching@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Deng Ching <odeaching@gmail.com> wrote:

> > class

as org.apache,
as
> > org.apache.archiva,
store values as

> > Hmm, I don't think you need the above setter methods and the
> corresponding
> > lists. It might be good to just maintain one list of artifact objects for
> > the artifacts in the repo..

> DefaultMetaData Resolver;s methods iteratively. first we need to get the
>  root name spaces. then the  group id list and then artifact id list and
> finally the version list. then we can assign those details to the artifacts
> objects. some how we need to store those intermediate values. so what is
> the preferred data structure to store those intermediate data.?

OK, makes sense now. I don't think the variables should be declared globally
though and the set methods exposed publicly. Maybe you can just get the root
namespaces and have a method that recurses through the list to get the
nodes?

Anyway, these are class implementation details.. I suggest you start writing
the class (plus the unit tests) based on what we have discussed then we can
review it :)

> > > void setSourceArtifactList(List<String> artifactsVersionList )   >>>>>>
> > objects
> > >>

> > Should this be getSourceArtifactList(..) instead?
> >

>     ya. i think caller has to just pass repo id and then he should able to
> get the source artifact list. so we can have a method
> call getSourceArtifactList().  it will call other methods and produce the
> artifacts list.

+1

Thanks,
Deng