archiva-dev mailing list archives

From BrentAtSerena <bjohn...@serena.com>
Subject Propagating repository to a new release
Date Fri, 28 May 2010 19:13:39 GMT

I have an Archiva server that I have inherited. I don't have a lot of
experience with Archiva and I'm hoping to adapt it to my own uses as it
doesn't currently do a good job of supporting everything I need it to do.

Currently, when a component is being built and it uses a jar it uploads the
jar into the archiva server. When another component is built that uses the
previous component it retrieves the jar from archiva (pretty standard I
think).

Basically, I need an easy way(not me uploading each jar manually) to
populate a new release with all the artifacts from the previous release.

There may be actually good ways to do this.

Some bad ways I've researched and I think won't work are:
1. Faking it with virtual repositories linked to the old release repository
(I think the read-only nature of this prevents this from working for me as
it will fail when I try to upload).
2. Setting the previous release as a source the new release can check. (This
would probably work but I worry about propagating old jars across multiple
releases).

If someone has a good solution for this it would be much appreciated.