archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Please review instructions for separating install from config
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 04:34:24 GMT

On 28/03/2010, at 2:14 AM, Deng Ching wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 5:16 AM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I made some changes to the instructions for separating the
>> installation from the configuration in r928055.
>>
>> Please review:
>> http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.4-SNAPSHOT/adminguide/standalone.html
>> (once it syncs)
>>
>> Notably, I advise _moving_ (rather than copying) the config files,
>> because that will prevent it from subsequently being started without
>> the ARCHIVA_BASE variable being set, and reverting to the default
>> configuration.
>>
>> I also removed a reference to the Plexus appserver... we don't use
>> that anymore, right?
>>

> Yep :)
>
> The changes in the docs looks correct to me. Thanks Wendy!

Yep, all looks right. Do you think it would be valuable to put ${project.version} in there
instead of hardcoding 1.4? I know it's just an example folks can figure out, but seems easy
enough to do. Would just need to rename the file to standalone.apt.vm for the expression to
take effect and check there aren't other expressions that would need escaping.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org