archiva-dev mailing list archives

From eshan sudharaka <esudhar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSoC projects?
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2010 20:15:56 GMT

i went through the Nexus tutorial and finally came up with the following
approach.This is very high level and i need help from u guys to fill the
missing part.

* Assign a Temporory reposotory for a group.(eg : com.MyTempRep.example)

* Only they are allowed to publish artifacts and the tempo rory repo is only
open to them untill deploye the all artifacts to 	be tested.(not visible to
the common repo with have tesed modules)

*  once the temporory reposotory is closed it should me prevented from the
developers being updating and it should be opened to QA people to
testing(Same temporory repo will be used.only acces grants should be chaged
and assing the acces for the QA 	group)

* once testing is done > if it success then merge the temp repo to the
common repo(where the tested modules are located)

			> if it fails then manually removed from the repo.

I dont understand how the audit log is linking with this project idea.could
u please explain it?
and also are we need to wary about the changes that are done in the
artifacts in temporary repo (by developers).I mean whether we should provide
a facility like svn diff ?

eshan sudharaka
thank you