archiva-dev mailing list archives

From Gwen Harold Autencio <gwenharol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: MRM-1345
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 03:17:26 GMT

--- On Fri, 4/23/10, Jevica Arianne B. Zurbano <jevica.arianne@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Jevica Arianne B. Zurbano <jevica.arianne@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: MRM-1345
To: dev@archiva.apache.org
Date: Friday, April 23, 2010, 10:31 AM

Gwen Harold Autencio wrote:
> The
> difference that I found bet 2.0.0 and 2.0.5 is that2 IndexCreator were added in 2.0.1
(MavenPluginArtifactInfoIndexCreator and MavenArchetypeArtifactInfoIndexCreator). And the
static field that lists all the IndexCreator in NexusIndexer has been removed that.
> Create the list in archiva that contains all the  IndexCreator.

In nexus-indexer 2.0.0, the static field in NexusIndexer class, specifically "FULL_INDEX"
(snippet below), includes JarFileContentsIndexCreator and MinimalArtifactInfoIndexCreator
in the List that it returns. But since nexus-indexer 2.0.1, the "FULL_INDEX" field was removed
and  additional IndexCreator implementations were added (MavenPluginArtifactInfoIndexCreator
and MavenArchetypeArtifactInfoIndexCreator).

Snippet from NexusIndexer 2.0.0:
   public static final List<? extends IndexCreator> FULL_INDEX = Arrays.<IndexCreator>asList(
new MinimalArtifactInfoIndexCreator(), new JarFileContentsIndexCreator() );

If I understand it correctly, the List that you are referring to is similar to the "FULL_INDEX"
that was in NexusIndexer class, am I correct?

Yes similar to FULL_INDEX of NexusIndexer.

And, the List that you propose to create will contain JarFileContentsIndexCreator and MinimalArtifactInfoIndexCreator
(which are included in nexus-indexer 2.0.0) plus the new ones, MavenPluginArtifactInfoIndexCreator
and MavenArchetypeArtifactInfoIndexCreator. Did I get it right, Gwen?

If this is so, I am not sure if everyone will agree to have the new implementations (MavenPluginArtifactInfoIndexCreator
and MavenArchetypeArtifactInfoIndexCreator) included too.

Tested the new implementations seems that MavenPluginArtifactInfoIndexCreator affects the
build by failing all the  unit tests of archiva-indexer and
archiva-scheduler-indexing modules upon upgrade of nexus-indexer to
2.0.5.
The list will only have MinimalArtifactInfoIndexCreator, MavenPluginArtifactInfoIndexCreator
and JarFileContentsIndexCreator. would that be ok ?

> Unit tests of archiva-index and archiva-indexer-scheduling needs to be adjusted since
it will fail on the new IndexCreator( MavenArchetypeArtifactInfoIndexCreator ).

--
Thanks,

Jev